Here is a summary of what I will talk about at Back-to-School Night, August 26.
Primary Years Program
The PYP(Primary Years Prgram) includes the Programme of Inquiry (POI) which incorporates the 6 Units of Inquiry (UOI) as well as Math, Spelling, Reading, Writing and Handwriting. All of these are taught with the Contstructivist approach to learning:
...where teachers ascertain prior knowledge and provide experiences through the curriculum and environment that give them (the students) opportunities to:
* test and revise their models
* make connections between previous and current perceptions
* construct their own meaning
Basically students go from NOT KNOWING to KNOWING and applying what they know to real-life situations.
Home/School Communication
Beginning Friday, August 27, our communication between your home and me will be via email. The children will no longer need to bring the Home/School Diaries back and forth to school. They can keep them at home.
I find that communicating via email with parents is more efficient and easy. I have all parents' email addresses and have already sent a whole class email to all parents. Many parents have already used email to communicate with me this year.
The Blog is also another way we will be communicating. Please use the comment feature below the blog posts to respond to anything on the blog. I welcome any and all of your comments.
The Grade 2 website is now up and running. There is a link to it on our class blog. It is password protected. I will send home a hard copy of the passord with your child if you were unable to come to Back-to-School Night and receive it.
Parent Meetings
It is my plan to meet with all of the parents of the students in my class before the end of September. I will be sending an email to you asking for you to sign up for a day which is most convenient for you(mornings before school at 8:15).
No comments:
Post a Comment