We learned a new song in Morning Meeting today. It's called, Black Socks, by Barry Louis Polisar.
Here are the words:
Black Socks
They never get dirty
The longer you wear them
The stronger they get
Sometimes
I think I should wash them
But something inside me
Keeps saying, "Not Yet! Not yet! Not yet!"
The kids liked the song because its funny! :-)
Ask them to sing it to you!
If you want to find out more about Barry Louis Polisar and see videos of his other songs, click on the title of this post and it will take you directly to his website.
You can explore it with your child.
Katarina sang it to me in the car on the way home, but could not remember all the words. Thanks for getting them to us.
ReplyDeleteSusanne Hirschberg
I love being able to read about what Karoline has done and learned... Thank you for creating this blog.
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend,
Barbara Surdyk
Nina loves the song. She keeps on singing it. It`s one of her favorite songs.
ReplyDeleteKsenija, Jeroen & Nina Kok
Thank you for creating this blog : I love to hear from what Charles is learning with you. Charles and I will visit the blog, regurlarly for sure !
ReplyDeleteDiane de Saint-Remy
Harrison started singing this in the car and he couldn't stop laughing!!! We had a lot of fun learning the words to this song!
ReplyDelete