Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Welcome to Grade 2

As the summer winds down to a close, I am feverishly cleaning and preparing Room 2.2 for our first day together. This will be an exciting year!

I look forward to working with your children and with you as well.

Our first days will be taken up with getting to know each other, and creating classroom routines. The children will be helping me to make their classroom the kind of space where they feel comfortable and happy as well as a place where they can learn.

This Blog will be taking the place of a newsletter. It is a way to communicate with parents and students about things happening in the classroom. It will contain photos of the kids at work and play, videos, sound bites, and posts about our learning.

As time goes by, the blog will grow to include links to websites that are relevant to our studies as well as lists of things which might be of interest to you and your child.

I will be demonstrating how to use the blog during Back To School Night on Thursday, August 26.

See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment