On Thursday, we read the book, Swimmy, by Leo Lionni.Its about a fish who looks different from the other fish. He taught the other fish to think and work together to protect themselves from the BIG TUNA who ate the others.
After reading the book, we made our own little fish then worked together to arrange them into one large fish like Swimmy taught them in the book. Then some students choose PYP Learner Profile words that demonstrated how the kids worked together.
The final mural of the BIG fish is in the back of our classroom. The parents will see it at Back-to-School Night.
Awesome stuff Sigrid & I have been reading the updates daily.
ReplyDeleteOops, one more comment - the blog looks great except for the Google calendar widget in the left column which overlaps your main column at times.
ReplyDeleteYou're right, Mike. I deleted it! If you have any suggestions to improve the blog, let me know. You tend to fiddle around with this stuff more than I do :-)
ReplyDeleteI am working on adding pages with links at the top.